Hostap and Mandrake 9.0

Launi launi
Mon Mar 3 16:57:04 PST 2003

http://www.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/AaronBaer
http://www.cat.pdx.edu/~baera/redhat_hostap/

Try these links.  I'm in Personal Telco and know Aaron the author.  I have
been messing around with HostAP on Debian but will try Mandrake 9.0 next.
The links are to RPM packages that will work better with RPM based
distributions like Mandrake and Redhat.

Lonnie Wormley

-----Original Message-----
From: hostap-admin at shmoo.com [mailto:hostap-admin at shmoo.com] On Behalf Of
Dennis Fisher
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:25 AM
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: Hostap and Mandrake 9.0

I have been trying to install HostAP on my Mandrake 9.0 installation and it
has been going a little bumpy.

I am pretty sure this is an easy thing to correct and probably has more to
do with me being so new to linux and especially Mandrake.

Here are the facts:

1. I am using a Linksys WMP11 (not the 2.7 ver)

2. My kernel is 2.4.19-16

3. I have changed the line 23? in the Makefile to the correct kernel version
number to get past an error to the effect of can't find
2.4.somethingmdksecure

4. I then ran make install_pci

5. I get an error that says it can't find rhconfig.h...

I am thinking that this problem probably is that Mandrake uses something
like config.h instead of rhconfig.h? Am I close?

If so could you tell me what the config.h filename is and where in the
Makefile I would change the value to the correct one.

Thank you,

Dennis Fisher