associating to other APs while in hostapmode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jun 28 21:46:40 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 09:00:27PM -0700, Ishwar Ramani wrote:

> I am trying to associate with other APs while in the hostapmode from my
> laptop running rh9.
> I am using the latest version of hostap on a linksys wpc11 card with f/w
> versions 1.1.1(pri) and 1.5.6(sta). I generate authentication and
> associate packets from the hostap daemon. The handshake works well till
> the association response is sent from the AP. Any packet sent from the AP
> to the laptop after this results in a de-aunthenticate packet generated
> from the card to the AP.

That is a known "feature" of most firmware versions which unfortunately
makes this kind of mode unusable in many cases. I have seen this working
with couple of old STA f/w versions (0.7.6 and 0.8.0), but not with any
of the newer ones.