Questions with wep keys for WinXP

Haidong Xia hdxia1
Mon Jun 23 07:16:42 PDT 2003

Hi, all,

I am testing WinXP supplicant with HostAP, and Radius server in Windows
2000.

I feel very confused with the broadcast, and unicast key.  In hostapd.conf
file, it says you need to set the WinXp work around.  If hostap sends both
broadcast, and unicast keys to WinXP, the work-around will make the two keys
as unicast keys, when WinXP receives them.

The question is how WinXP which key is used for broadcast, and which is used
for unicast.

thanks for any help.

Haidong