Netgear MA311 + hostap: seg fault :'(

Yannick Marcq yannick.marcq
Mon Jun 23 02:08:05 PDT 2003

Hi,

I tried to install a PCI wireless card (netgear ma311) on my linux box:
debian woody, kernel 2.4.20 and 2.4.22-pre1. I built hostap from cvs and
from the sources of the archive provided on the website.

My problem is in all cases, when I do 'modprobe hostap_pci', there is a
segmentation fault.
Then ifconfig is freezed.

If I try lsmod then, I see something like 'hostap_pci   Initialization'
: it seems the seg fault happens during the initialization phase ?
(maybe it's not of any help, but maybe it is ;) )

Did somebody had the same pb ? The card works fine in adhoc mode, with
the orinoco_pci module of the kernel.

Yannick.