STA Mode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jun 10 21:19:05 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:16:38PM -0400, Eduardo Kaftanski wrote:

> > > Is it possible hostap work as station mode then associate specific other AP ?

> I have found references of doing that AND acting as an AP
> on the same channel in the sample files...
>
> Is that supported?

No, I would not call this highly experimental feature supported. It
might work with some (old) station firmware versions, but it seems to
has major issues with most versions I tested. If you want to experiment
with it, you will need to use hostapd and set assoc_ap_addr option in
the configuration file.