/proc files missing statistics

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jun 8 20:41:47 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:25:27PM -0500, Michael Shuler wrote:

> To fix it:
>   Make a quick program in C that opens the file, reads the whole proc file
> in using fread instead of getc and then dump it out to stdout.

> If anyone wants the source I'll be happy to email it to them.  One of
> these days I was going to fix the hostap driver and submit the code but I
> just haven't got around to it yet.

Let me just warn you that it is not trivial to fix this in any way that
I would accept into the Host AP driver.. I do not want to see any state
kept between proc read operations and I don't think converting that proc
file to binary is acceptable even though it would be easier to seek in
it. In other words, just please make sure you read it in one read
operation to large enough buffer in user space.