Strange channel behaviour

Peter De Cleyn peter.decleyn
Tue Jun 3 23:16:25 PDT 2003

Hi,

Yesterday I observed some strange behaviour in the use of various channels
for my APs. I use the linksys WPC11 cards, firmware 1.4.9. Connecting to
one machine could be done "instanteneous" but connecting to the other took
almost 7 to 8 seconds!

After some experimenting I noticed that with channels 1-4, I had this 7
seconds delay and from channel 5 all worked as expected (+/- 0.4 seconds).
I first tought a DECT ap was interfering but it seems these work in
another frequency range (1.9 Ghz).

Did anyone observed this behaviour or could you tell me what could be the
cause of it? Log files indicated association failed various times within
the 7 seconds period.

Thanks,

Peter De Cleyn
University of Antwerp