Prism GT/Indigo/Duette linux drivers available

Reyk Floeter reyk
Mon Jul 28 13:05:18 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 09:30:34PM +0200, Christian Zoffoli wrote:
> IMHO the best wireless chips of the market are Atheros ...It would be
> beautiful to port the interesting features of the Hostap driver in the
> madwifi project and/or create a single big project.

i think it would be the _best_ idea to introduce some kind of an
extended common wireless api and a more common and chipset-
independent interface to the userspace hostapd.

userspace hostapd seems to be the best solution for the future - why
not use it for other projects? jouni, would it be possible to seperate
it a bit from the prism2 hostap driver and to provide an own tarball?
i plan to use it in the (free) ar5k drivers instead of re-inventing
the wheel and others could port hostapd to *BSD if we had a well-
defined and documented interface.

reyk

--
/* .vantronix|secure systems - (research & development)
 * reyk floeter - friendly known free software engineer