INSMOD command

Wei Wang wwpaloalto
Sun Jul 27 19:44:05 PDT 2003

Hi,

   Can anyone help me with this problem?

   I have an access point box comes with Linux kernel and pcmcia modules: ds.o hostap.o hostap_crypt.o hostap_crypt_wep.o hostap_cs.o i82365.o pcmcia_core.o installed.

   In order to replace hostap_cs.o, I brought down eth0, eth1, eth2 and wlan0; removed the existing hostap_cs, INSMOD hostap_cs.o then brought up eth0, eth1, eth2 and wlan0 then issued two route commands.  The network would not come back but without rmmod and insmod, the network would come back fine.

   Any help from any of you will be very much appreciated.

Wei Wang