Netgear MA311 with Nforce2 with IO-APIC IRQ problem

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb
Sat Jul 26 08:59:01 PDT 2003

> I think this is not a motherboard problem:
>
> 1) A realtek 8139-based ethernet card works fine in the same PCI slot.
> 2) The wavelan card works fine in windows XP (and I know APIC is setup the
> same way as it is by my patches).

Hi, turns out the realtek 8139 card DOESN'T work properly; I'd forgotten that
such cards don't use IRQs until they actually try to send data.. and that
doesn't work.

So this is a motherboard issue, and not a hostap driver issue. Has anyone else
experienced this sort of problem though?