wireless stats in ad hoc mode

JAMES KABA jkaba
Mon Jul 21 15:18:41 PDT 2003

Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

>> I'm trying to get access to wireless stats while in ad hoc mode
>> (specifically, in ad hoc demo mode, but I can't get it to work either

>> way).

>        You will need to use iwspy. Unfortunately for you, with the
> HostAP driver iwspy functionality is only available with WE-16 (which
> means spending time with the patches on my web page).
>       Good luck...
...well, iswpy alone doesn't do it since I currently need access to the
stats from a kernel module via a call to dev->get_wireless_stats()
call.  In any case, I temporarily kludged some code to suit my short
term needs (it looks like a car wreck between wireless_spy and
get_wireless_stats)

....but the question reamins:
  why would get_rid(....COMMSQUALITY...) not return valid data...?

Jim