hostapd and WLAN_STA_PERM

Lubomir Gelo lgelo
Wed Jul 16 08:42:36 PDT 2003

I've noticed that hostapd daemon doesn't honour permanent station
configuration flag WLAN_STA_PERM. When the station is deauthenticated
permanent encryption keys are deleted. Hostapd in fact doesn't care
about kernel driver STA flags. Possible solutions:

1) New ioctl PRISM2_HOSTAPD_GET_FLAGS and checking for WLAN_STA_PERM in
   ap_handle_timer (sta_info.c). That's what we're using at the moment.
   Will send the patch if desired.

2) Format of accept_mac_file could be modified to hold static keys and
   hostapd will set keys upon authentication. Modification should (and
   will) be backward compatible. Eventually special file could be used.

3) Such functionality isn't desired and we will continue to patch our
   version.

LG

--
It is right to believe in a need to be free.