Using hostap in medium- to big-sized installations?

Ryan Verner xfesty
Tue Jul 15 06:51:32 PDT 2003

Hiya,

> So if you have a wireless network with 5-20, 20-50 or even more clients
> all using your hostap AP(s), it would be nice to report your success
> stories as well as the problems and limitations.

I've tested hostap with ~15 clients - as long as clients wern't doing anything
major to each other, it all ran pretty fine.  If a few clients started
simultaneously transferring files to each other, everything would go to shite
(simultaneous client->ap transfers didn't seem to affect much apart from
bandwidth).

Mind you, this is with July 2002 snapshot.  I've personally had nothing *but*
troubles with 0.0.3 for high node/outdoor stuff, apart from indoor connections
(I'm using 0.0.3 right now with an internal antannae and one client, and it's
fine).