hostap compilation

Dan Hackney daniel
Mon Jul 14 07:53:55 PDT 2003

I guess I was putting the cart before the horse with my previous
question... I can't get the driver to compile!

Here is the error I get from "make hostap":

Makefile:20: /usr/src/linux/.config: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/.config'.  Stop.

Why does hostap want this?  I'm compiling on a machine we use for all
sorts of linux development with no problems.  I tried moving to another
box with existing .config and got tons of errors in time.h.  grrr. What
am I missing?

Thanks from the newbie,

-Dan