problems caused by ESSID not being set

Santiago Garcia Mantinan manty
Thu Jul 10 14:45:11 PDT 2003

> I'm not sure about your problem, but this value for sensitivity makes me
> think that you are using some old version of Wireless Tools.  Take version
> 26 and recompile it against the kernel you are using.

I'm already using version 26 as in Debian unstable right now

> It seems to me that you are using a clone (Lucent of Symbol), not a real
> Prism chipset.  Clones don't support master mode.  "cardctl ident"
> should show the data necessary to identify your card.

Nope, this is a real Prism card, a conceptronic c11pro:

wlan0: NIC: id=0x8003 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6

BTW, doing more tests with kismet I have found this messages from kernel:

wlan0: RX: len(2372) > MAX(2304)
wlan0: RX: len(2311) > MAX(2304)
wlan0: RX: len(2324) > MAX(2304)
wlan0: RX: len(2311) > MAX(2304)
wlan0: RX: len(2324) > MAX(2304)

The version of the driver is from today's cvs, I suppose this messages are
normal, but just in case.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net