prism2_rx (hostap_hw.c) patch

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Jul 11 08:44:44 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:41:15AM -0400, Eduardo Kaftanski wrote:

> > I modified the RX path to accept such cases in monitor mode and handle
> > shorter than RX desc skb's properly.

> Could this fix the SMP hangups we have been seeing?

These changes were only for Monitor mode. If you are talking about
problems with other modes, I do not think they were affected at all.

If you can give some more details about SMP issues, please let me know
quite soon. I have access to my SMP host for a week or so and could do
more testing on it if someone would be able to describe an issue that
would be easy to reproduce and does not require PCI version of the
Prism2.5 card.