SSID Hide..

imp imp
Sun Jul 6 23:00:36 PDT 2003

Dear jouni..

Thanks for your reply about "what's mean ssid hide" mail..
Because I have no device to capture wireless packet. so, I can't see beacon and probe packet..

My question is that, in the STA client (in normal wireless card) have site surbey functionality.
this the property page show the BSSID (Mac of AP), ESSID, channel, strenth.. etc..

In that situation My question is
If I set ssid hide function in my hostap, then I expect client site surbey function did not display
the ssid name on it... but, it displayed...

Is this situation other word of ssid hide ? or my hostap does not work correctly ?

Please, give me your advice..

Thanks.