Need help setting up a Netgear MA401 Rev D card

Madhusudan Singh chhabra
Wed Jul 2 15:59:01 PDT 2003

Thanks for such a prompt response !!

I wish to know if you have had any resource conflicts arising from using
ACPI ?

Regarding network.opts :

Does the *,*,*,* follow the same scheme syntax as in wireless.opts ?
Plus, has there ever been any conflict with eth0 ?

I do not see any place in that file to declare that wlan0 is the network
device for pcmcia.

Do you use hostap_cs or hostap_pci ? And if the former, do you start
pcmcia services at bootup ? I have disabled mine because of resource
conflicts. I suspect that this has something to do with my (unchanged)
config.opts :

#
# Local PCMCIA Configuration File
#

# System resources available for PCMCIA devices

include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff, memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff

# High port numbers do not always work...
# include port 0x1000-0x17ff

# Extra port range for IBM Token Ring
include port 0xa00-0xaff

# Resources we should not use, even if they appear to be available

# First built-in serial port
exclude irq 4
# Second built-in serial port
#exclude irq 3