Open WEP Mode and SMC 2532

David Levitan david
Wed Jul 2 14:21:22 PDT 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to use 802.1x with an SMC 2532 (clone of Zcomax 325H). 802.1x
itself seems to work well until I enable wep (in the hostapd config
file). It seems open mode does not work on this card. If I enable open
mode manually with a key, it doesn't work either. However, if I set my
client (linux + orinoco_cs) to use encryption with the correct key, it
works correctly. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get
open mode to work on this card. Let me know if more information is needed.
Thank you,
David Levitan