Somebody have the programmers guide of intersil chipset?

Denis Vlasenko vda
Wed Jan 22 22:58:32 PST 2003

On 21 January 2003 10:04, Dave Edwards wrote:
> Contact Intersil,
>
> They will send you the latest manual once you sign an NDA.

Do you mean NIC's CPU (or whatever) docs?

I wondered why we rely on someone else's code in the firware
(and may be caught by fw bugs for years) instead of writing
our own...

Anyway, even 1.4.9 firmware files aren't that big (~64k).
Do anybody know what CPU is used in Prism cards?
Is it legal to try and disassemble firmware?
--
vda