State of the sources?

Jon Loeliger jdl
Thu Jan 16 10:13:28 PST 2003

Folks,

I only semi-recently started looking at the HostAP source base.
I am seeing a few difficulties, and I want to eliminate the
traditional stupid problems first if possible.

I currently have the hostap-2002-10-12 code base being used on
a Debian 2.4.20 box with some ZoomAir card of dubious heritage.
I'm using pcmcia-cs and Yenta built into he kernel, with parts
like the orinoco_cs and hostap driver built as separate modules.

Can someone give me a feel for how much difference there is
between the  2002-10-12 release and the current top-of-CVS-tree?
Are there enough significant changes or bug fixes that I should
grab from the CVS tree rather than re-stumble across each
known 2002-10-12 bug/issue?

How stable is the CVS development tree?  Does it work on a
daily basis, or is it occasionally broken?

What is the $CVSROOT I would need to access (grab) the tree?
(That's a FAQ, somwhere too, right? :-)

I am reluctant to abuse the list with a huge trace file
of the problems I'm seeing until I've done enough homework
here to eliminate the stupid problems first... :-)

Thanks,
jdl