Too slow then previous

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jan 15 19:52:47 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 04:36:20PM +0900, ?vBXXZcX0-? wrote:

> I thinks the software interrupt handler work too slow then previous host AP.
>
> the previous one is before 2002-10-12. I measure the througput test from client PC with pcmcia card
> to hostap and internet speed test site...
>
> and the result is the previous one is about 4.5Mbps for download through ADSL line
> but the current one is only 3.0 or 3.1 Mbps ...

In what kind of host platform are you using Host AP driver? I did some
throughput testing (mostly on Intel P4 laptop and minimal testing on
embedded PowerPC) before changing the code and I did not notice any
performance drop. I was still able to achieve about 6 Mbps with the new
code. I'll try to confirm this with the latest version and bit more test
systems at some point.

PS.

SpamAssassin does not seem to like one of your mail servers (RBL reports
it as confirmed spam source). Therefore, don't be surprised if there is
quite a delay in me reading these messages since I do not go through my
spam folder that often..