HostAP and xsupplicant

Dimitris Theofilatos thed
Tue Jan 14 03:18:42 PST 2003

Hi,

The problem still exists with older version of xsupplicant.
I think that it is not a problem of xsupplicant but a problem of Host AP (or i
am doing something wrong).
I believe so, because when i follow the next steps:
make plx EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DPRISM2_HOSTAPD"
make install_plx
modprobe hostap_plx
cd hostapd
make
./hostapd wlan0
which means that i dont use 802.1x (am i correct?) the mobile station becomes
authenticated and associated but i can't make a ping from the mobile station
to the access point.
When i follow the next steps (not 802.1x functionality):
make plx
make install_plx
modprobe hostap_plx
everything works fine.
I use a 3COM 3CRWE777A-E1 card at the access point and a Orinoco silver card
at the mobile station.
Thanks
Dimitris