WDS Problem ;(

Radosław Michoń blaze
Sat Jan 11 05:37:45 PST 2003

I'am using latest CVS hostap on my linux servers (both linux 2.4.20) with
two d-link's 520 (f/w: 1.4.9). My network looks like that :

network1-[eth0]-Server1-[wlan0]**air**[wlan0]-Server2-[eth0]-network2

When im using hostap in ad-hoc mode, without any bridge, the transfer is
about 650 kb/s and it looks that everything is fine. But when hostap is
being reconfigured to use Menaged mode with WDS system the transfer hooks on
2Mbps (180 kb/s). I to set the 'prism2_param wlan0 other_ap_policy 2' option
on both sides, but nothing happend, transfer was the same. Is there any
chance to edit the sources and force WDS to use 11MBPS ?

Server configuration:
root at netium:/proc/net/hostap/wlan0# cat ap_debug
BridgedUnicastFrames=0
BridgedMulticastFrames=0
max_inactivity=300
bridge_packets=0
nullfunc_ack=0
auth_algs=3
ap_queued_skb_len=0

root at netium:/proc/net/hostap/wlan0# cat debug
next_txfid=7 next_alloc=7
FID: tx=0127 intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=013C intransmit=FFFF
FID: tx=0151 intransmit=FFFF