bitrate difference

Peter De Cleyn Peter.DeCleyn
Fri Jan 10 02:03:56 PST 2003

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why my mobile station using an orinoco card (patched
orinoco_cs driver from airsnort to enable monitoring, 8.10 firmware) can only connect
to a hostap system using a WPC11 card at 2Mbit/s. The sta is in close range,
the ap at full txpower. When I try the same with a WPC11 card in the
mobile station, it indicates 11Mbit/s.

Using iwconfig to force the card into 11Mbit/s doesn't work either.

Comments on this are welkom!

Peter De Cleyn

 _______________
/ Peter De Cleyn\
| Phone:                +32 (0)3 820.24.18            |
| Fax:                  +32 (0)3 820.24.21            |
| email:                peter.decleyn at ua.ac.be        |
| University of Antwerp (UIA)                         |
| Dept. Mathematics and Computer Science              |
| PATS Research Group                                 |
| Universiteitsplein 1                                |
| B-2610 Wilrijk                                      |
| Belgium                                             |