management frames are lost during high load situations (REPOST)

Pedro Estrela pedro.estrela
Thu Jan 9 00:10:02 PST 2003

Hi! I've got a problem related to management frames in high load situations.

This was already sent by me some months ago
(http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2002-October/000053.html) and i'm
hoping that now someone has any ideia of how i could give priority to the
transmission of management frames:

"Simply put, when the card is put in stress with a major downstream UDP flow
(greater than a flood ping), the AP is unable to process further
associations/reassociations. In this scenario, a station moving from one
unloaded AP to a loaded AP will keep on sending associations until the load
stops."

Thanks,
Pedro Estrela