Association and Disassociation info

André Corrêa andre.correa
Thu Jan 2 15:33:12 PST 2003

Hi list. I need to do something unusual and maybe somebody in this list
can help me.

I need to know, as quickly as possible, when a station disassociates from
the AP. Looking at /var/log/debug I've found that it takes 5 minutes for
the AP to realize that the station disassociated.

Is there a way for me to know quickly that a STA disassociated? I've
thought that I may be able to change hostap's code to decrease association
timeout to 1 minute or less. Are there any implications in doing this?

Is there a better way to know an station disassociated then looking at
/var/log/debug or to files created at the /proc/net/hostap/wlan0
directory?

Any help will be apreciated.

Tks in advance.

Andre