BSD & hostapd

Sam Leffler sam
Fri Feb 28 14:56:28 PST 2003

> Anything in the works involving a port of hostapd to BSD?  Is this even
possible?  Does anyone
> know of anything like hostapd in development for FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD?

netbsd and freebsd (current) have an 802.11 support module that's designed
for use by any/all drivers.  It's currently used by the prism driver (wi).
I'm working on it under freebsd to do many of the things hostap does and
many things that hostap does not do.

Otherwise if you're talking about the way hostap handles management
functions in user space I'm also working on this for freebsd through a new
EAP socket type.

    Sam