Belkin FD5 6001

Benjamin Smith bens
Fri Feb 28 11:54:02 PST 2003

Thanks!

I have a "Version 1" card, and details of my adventures are at
http://chico.benjamindsmith.com/belkinfd56001.html

I seem to be stuck. Where do I go from here?

The three modules are in the kernel (from lsmod), and the card is (apparently)
seen by lspci -v:

00:11.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor: Unknown device 3873 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Unknown device 1799:0601
        Memory at df801000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

I've updated these files:

MODULES.CONF:
alias eth2 hostap_pci

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth2
DEVICE=eth2
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
IPADDR=192.168.1.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0

but I can't seem to get it to actually fly, I keep getting

SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
Failed to bring up eth2.

 What's next?

-Ben