netperf BW tests with hostap and wlan-ng on WL200

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 25 20:19:59 PST 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 02:21:06PM -0500, Zhang, Tiebing wrote:

> The hostap driver in April 2002(still in old structure) has addressed this
> issue. In function hfa384x_setup_bap() of prism2.c, disabling-interrupt (
> function cli() ) was added. However, this code was removed after June 2002
> in a code cleanup. I have personally kept this and no reset has been spotted
> since then.
>
> I think Jouni is the best person to explain why that part of the code was
> removed.

It was supposed to not be needed anymore with the current scheme of
using BAP (only one BAP is used). If it is still needed, there is
something wrong with higher level locking. And yes, there probably is..
I have this in my todo list for testing, but I have been quite occupied
with other projects lately so this has been delayed.