wlan nic interop problem?

Rainer Huber rainer.huber
Thu Feb 20 11:46:28 PST 2003

Hi,

For the first step I've tried to set up a simple hostAP environment with a
Siemens Igate M11 PCMCIA Card on a Debian (Sarge) laptop.
I compiled the modules (2002-10-12) and after setting up an ad-hoc
environment which worked well, I thought the AP scenario will also work
easily.

After switching the node with a Siemens card to mode Master, all clients
except a 3com card could neither 'see' nore associate to the managed
environment (no entries in syslogs on hostAP node).
Everything works well with the 3com card (associate in logs and also IP
connectivity)

My Clients are laptops with differen Wireless NICs:
Intel HighRate miniPCI - Debian with hostAP/orinocco modules on a IBM T30
Intel 2011B PCMCIA (W2k)
3COM XJACK PCMCIA  (W2k) 3CRWE62092A

The PCMCIA Card in the HostAP Laptop is a
Siemens I-Gate 11M (NIC: id=0x8002 v1.0.0, PRI: id=0x15 v0.3.0, STA: id=0x1f
v1.3.7)

When I configure the Intel HighRate card as Master, all of the clients are
able to associate and everything works well.

Any suggestions for solving this problem?

thanks,
Rainer