RX signal level calculation

Ricardo Galli gallir
Tue Feb 18 15:24:29 PST 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 19:25, Jean Tourrilhes shaped the electrons to
shout:
> 	Err... Either it's a bug, or it's another of those firmware
> weirdnesses. Jouni is the one who know about the chip details. Anyway,
> it seems that in recent firmware Intersil has added new support for
> dBm calibration.

I'm very interesting in this. I'm doint some tests to track station
positions by using signal intensity values. There are already some
promising results, in the range of 1.5 to 2 meters for indoors.

But... with hostp i'm getting velus with a high variance under a static
environment. Furthermore, I'm getting abosulte signal values smaller than
27 (intepreted as lowest level in the driver) but still rougly
proportional to the stations's distance. I'm testing with firmware 1.3.4
and 1.5.6.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34