Channels 12 and 13

Dave Edwards Dave.Edwards
Tue Feb 18 03:19:36 PST 2003

The channel information is country specific.

If I recall correctly you have only 11 FCC channels in the US and 13
ETSI channels in Europe(except France and Spain).
Additionally Japan had only channel 13 available for a time (I think
this has now changed).

The idea of storing channel/country information helps the manufacturer
avoid hefty fines that can be applied when a device operates on an
illegal band. (and prevents ths user having his equipment confiscated,
as can happen in the UK!)

As to using these channels, we use 12&13 for some of our products in the
UK. If you have a US product you might have to reconfigure it to allow
it to use these bands.

Hope this helps

Dave