essid for public use

Doug Yeager doug
Mon Feb 17 09:50:44 PST 2003

I'm using hostap in a public node that I want everyone to be able to
see.

I know that many client cards come with a default essid of "default" or
"any"

Is there anything I can do w/ iwconfig to allow the word "default" in
the client essid to connect without them changing their essid?  I know
the work "any" works fine on the client, but didn't know if I was doing
something wrong.

I have currently the essid set to "aircom",

Does it matter and help things if I change this essid to "any" or
"default"?

Thx,
doug