Preventing WDS links / Re: WDS configuration issues

Dave dave
Wed Feb 12 18:00:26 PST 2003

A followup...

On the preventing WDS link issue...

Should I be running the backhaul radio (yagi) as a client/STA talking to the
next WDS box as opposed to running hostap Master mode and/or should I just
not use hostap for the backhaul link but rather another driver and if so
which one?

WDS1 ~~~~~ STA1/WDS2(2 radios) ~~~~~ STA2/WDS3(2 radios) ~~~~~ STA3/WDS4(2
radios)

Should I be running different channels between the hops so WDS1 talks to
STA1 via channel 1 and WDS2 broadcasts on channel 8, then STA2 talks to WDS2
on 8 and WDS3 broadcasts on channel 11, then STA3 talks to WDS3 on 11 and
WDS4 broadcasts on channel 1?

And even more questions...;)

What is the Repeater mode of hostap, I see Master, Managed, Ad-Hoc,
Repeater...

-Dave