Newbie needing help.

Paul Riola priola
Sun Feb 9 00:15:19 PST 2003

I have already rebuilt my kernel, adding support for the prism 2.4 chipset, and I began
the installation of the hostap driver; however, the modprobe won't recognize
hostap_pci.0.  Does the module need to be loaded during a rebuild, and if so how do you
rebuild a kernel to support prebuilt modules? I tried placing the file in the
/lib/modules/..... manually, but that did not work.  How do I get the kernel to
recognize this module?  I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you
Paul Riola