can't read PDA or update firmware

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Dec 6 17:29:23 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:45:05AM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

> No.  This is straight out of the retail box two days ago.

Odd.. Have you tested whether it works Windows tools? I would assume it
has to because current Intersil drivers use RAM downloading and that
requires access to PDA data).

> I changed the driver, but I can't find a RAM image to download, and I'm
> a bit afraid to download into flash.  Do you know where I can find RAM
> firmware for 8013?

You can extract RAM downloadable images from the recent Windows drivers.
This has been discussed couple of times in the past on this mailing
list. In addition, I think the extracted images are available somewhere.
Google is your friend..

> BTW, would a patch like this be likely to be accepted (not tested but
> obviously correct, for some odd definition of correct)?

Yes, but I would prefer to get at least one more report of the same
issue (i.e., another card having the same off by two offset) and a
report of successful RAM/flash download first.