WPA capability in HostAP

Rajendra Kumar rajendra_krsingh
Fri Dec 5 01:53:32 PST 2003

Hi all,
  I had few questions regarding WPA support in HostAP.
1. Did anybody test WPA (with TKIP) if yes, what was
the hardware used and what was the prism firmware
version.
2. I had netgear MA311 PCI card (prism 2.5) and I
flashed it with firmware version 1.7.4. but I am able
to get hostap mode working in 1.7.4.

3. I was thinking may be I should try firmware version
1.7.1 but that is for prism2 cards only. Can any of
guys suggest me which PCI card (which is easily
available) I should buy on which WPA will work in
hostap mode. One more quetion, is this firmware
(1.7.1) flashable or it is RAM only?

I will appreciate if any of you can help me out here.

thanks