running hostapd on wired machine

Oleg Izhvanov OIzhvanov
Wed Dec 3 22:44:19 PST 2003

Hi,

In the end of last year I made a patch to HostAP daemon, which
abstracts HostAP daemon from HostAP kernel driver, enabling
802.1X authentication on one wireless card, that has support of
Linux Wireless Extensions, but unaware of HostAP kernel driver
private ioctls() and 802.11 frame management.

This patch makes use of Linux Wireless Events to notify
daemon about stations association/deassociation. To make HostAP
daemon 802.1X authentication work on wired interface you have
to find some way of providing these notifications to HostAP
daemon (and code them into the daemon, too), maybe via some
simple protocol between your AP and the HostAP daemon.

Best Regards, Oleg Izhvanov <oizhvanov at rfmd.com>