running hostapd on wired machine

Oleg Izhvanov OIzhvanov
Wed Dec 3 23:51:58 PST 2003

Hi,

Here is the link to the HostAP mail list posting with the patch:
       http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2002-November/thread.html#361

Note, it will almost certainly not work with the recent version
of hostapd. I'd advise you to take "hostap-2002-10-12.tar.gz",
so you would have something to start with.

Imo, here are some interesting things for you in the patch:

1. EAPOL packet filter for HostAP, enabling daemon receive only
    EAPOL packets. (hostapd.c)

2. handle_event_token(...) event dispatcher in the wevent.c, responsible
    for handling station association/deassociation.

--
Best Regards, Oleg Izhvanov <oizhvanov at rfmd.com>