bridge_packets in master mode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Aug 30 08:21:41 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 07:37:23PM +0200, WiNet - Biuro handlowe wrote:

> - turn off bridge_packet in hostap 'iwpriv wlan0 bridge_packet 0'
> - two WiFi STA 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2

>   I want control traffic between STA and remove bridge packets directly
> between stations to kernel, but first STA not see second (ping)
> If bridge_packet is 1 all is ok.

You seem to want to send frames between two STAs, but you disable the
mechanism used for doing it.. How are you planning to bridge those
packets, if you disable this functionality in the Host AP driver? Do you
have your own code (e.g., modified Linux bridge code) somewhere in the
kernel or are you planning to use IP routing (which would not work in
the setup you mentioned since broadcast packets are not routed)?