hostcan problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Aug 22 18:44:29 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 06:28:11PM -0700, William Tai wrote:

> > Which Host AP version did you use?
>
> Sorry I do not know.

Hmm.. Well, I would suggest finding out which version it is, if you want
to get more support from me ;-). Based on the code you listed below, it
is a modified version of something. I have never seen the listed
function before. It looks like somethign that was based on code I have
written, but someone has decided that it should be indented in some
horrible way.. In addition, it seems to be ported to non-Linux
platform (Nucleus).

I would like to remind you that my code in Host AP driver has been
released under GPL and there are certain requirements in distributing
modified versions of it. If you happen to link it into something like
Nucleus and distribute the combined program, you would be required to
make the source code of all the components of this combined program
available under the same license..

>  scan_req.channel_list = __constant_cpu_to_le16(0x000f/*0x3fff*/);

You are only scanning channels 1..4 so if you have APs on other
channels, they are not shown..

> >Are you using Master (Host AP) or Managed (station) mode? What
> > is your station firmware version?
>
> HOSTAP mode

You should note that the scanning functions in the firmware do not work
in Host AP and jumping to client mode for a short period of time is
horrible hack and is certainly not very reliable..