What's the difference between prism2.5 and prism3 and what version of hostap support prism3

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Aug 18 16:43:12 PDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, William Tai wrote:

>          When does hostsp start to support prism3 and
> what's the difference between prism2.5 and prism3?

Why do you think that Prism 3 is not supported?  Can you give the source
that led you to this conclusion?  I don't have a Prism 3 card, but I
believe it should work with the existing code.  I remember a report that
linux-wlan-ng worked with a Prism 3 card without any changes.

As for the differences, look for your self at
http://www.intersil.com/cda/application/0,1239,2,00.html

Unfortunately, I don't see any side-by-side comparison.  You may want to
compare specifications of the integrates Baseband/MAC chips - they
interact with the driver software.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin