Unable to Access Inet via HostAP

Landon Chelf landonc
Fri Aug 15 09:50:33 PDT 2003

Hello,

Thanx in advance to anyone who can help me get this going.  I have
tinkered around and around with this and I have it functioning as a
visible access point that I can connect to.  My problem comes in when
trying to access the internet.  I'm not an iptables guru or anything but
I got the following as my iptables startup to supposedly masq the
connection correctly:

/etc/sysconfig/iptables file:

*filter

:INPUT DROP [0:0]
:FORWARD DROP [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]

# Accept all traffic from the loopback interface.
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

# Accept legitimate responses to traffic we generate.
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

# Accept SSH connections from the wired network only.
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i wlan0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j DROP

# Allow inbound DNS requests from the wireless network.
-A INPUT -s 0/0 -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 0/0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

# Allow inbound DHCP from the Local wireless network
-A INPUT -i wlan0 -p udp --dport 67:68 --sport 67:68 -j ACCEPT

# Allow all related traffic to/from non-privileged ports.
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 1024:65535 --dport 1024:65535 -m state
--state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

# Allow all traffic from the LAN to be forwarded to the WLAN.
-A FORWARD -i eth0 -o wlan0 -j ACCEPT

# Forward all legitimate responses to forwarded traffic.
-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

I've got my client computer setup connection to the AP and the wlan0 as
the gateway ip.  Please help.  You can IM me via MSN account
landonc at starrobbins.com.

Landon