Hostap+avaya pci-card+SURECOM PCMCIA-CARD(EP-9427)+RHL 9.0

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Aug 13 17:49:58 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:07:13PM +0530, Anand S. Katti wrote:

> 1.Avaya pci card
> 2.Surecom pcmcia card(I dont know how to find out the chipset for this
> card? does anyone know how to figure out? Well when i insert this card in
> to the RHL9.0 m/c and i do lsmod, it lists orinoco_cs module.
>
> I untar the hostap.gz gile and went thru the README,
> Since im using "pcmcia card with pci card" I followed the installation
> instructions given for "PCI CARDS BASED ON PRISM2.5  hostap_pci.o" section
> from README file.

I'm not familiar with that Avaya PCI card, but it certainly not a PCI
card based on Prism2.5 and you cannot use hostap_pci with it. Based on
you mentioning orinoco_cs, it looks like Avaya card is a PC Card to PCI
adapter and you should use hostap_cs with pcmcia-cs.