Hostap+avaya pci-card+SURECOM PCMCIA-CARD(EP-9427)+RHL 9.0

Anand S. Katti askatti
Wed Aug 13 00:37:13 PDT 2003

Dear All,
This is my first mail to this mailing list. I believe you enjoy
solving the problems.
Here is my problem hope u help me out.

Im trying to install Hostap ver 0.0.4 on RHL 9.0
I have

1.Avaya pci card
2.Surecom pcmcia card(I dont know how to find out the chipset for this
card? does anyone know how to figure out? Well when i insert this card in
to the RHL9.0 m/c and i do lsmod, it lists orinoco_cs module.

I untar the hostap.gz gile and went thru the README,
Since im using "pcmcia card with pci card" I followed the installation
instructions given for "PCI CARDS BASED ON PRISM2.5  hostap_pci.o" section
from README file.

i edited the KERNEL_PATH to point to /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8
and typed "make pci"
I got the following error.

[root at ROUTERH hostap-0.0.4]# make pci
Makefile:20: /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8//.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:38: WARNING: No kernel PCMCIA support found and PCMCIA_PATH is
not defined
Makefile:45: WARNING: Linux wireless extensions, CONFIG_NET_RADIO, not
enabled in the kernel
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8//.config'.
Stop.

Please tell me how to solve the abovce problems.

To get rid of error at line 38, shud i download and compile pcmcia-cs
package?

why is the ".config" file not found in the kernel path OF rhl 9.0 ?
I've seen that file in the system running RHL 8.0.