Primary Firmware Download

Bob Beers bbeers
Mon Aug 4 09:46:47 PDT 2003

Hi Jouni, Pavel, and list

I've been reading with keen interest this thread on flashing firmware,
since I have some Netgear MA311 PCI cards 'in the field' with 1.0.7/1.3.6
that I would like to upgrade to 1.1.0/1.7.4 for the enhanced security
features and whatever else comes down the pike.

I have only used the windows update utility up to now.
So, before I try this, I want to ask a dumb question or two ...

What is the exact procedure to follow to make this happen on an
already deployed box?

More specifically, should the hostap driver be loaded or unloaded
before I issue the prism2_srec wlan0 PK010101.HEX SF010704.HEX
and prism2_srec wlan0 -f PK010101.HEX SF010704.HEX commands?

Are there any (other) preliminary steps to take?

I just want to be safe.

Thanks,

-Bob