prism cards

Jay Zhang jzh
Mon Aug 4 08:44:27 PDT 2003

Prism based cards are hard to find now.

Helpful information about chip set:
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html4.html

and don't buy anything mentioned in
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/atmeldrv/usbtable.html
Those are all Atmel based cards.

In addition, I confirm that Belkin F5D6050 USB is Atmel based now
And Netgear MA 111 USB is not Prism based anymore. I don't recommend
Hawking cards neither as they never reply tech support requests.

I settled down with EnGenius/senoao EL-2511 UB card as I was looking for
USB cards. I believe the 2511 PCMCIA version is also still prism based.
And EnGenius is well know for its better range and sensitivity.

Search "engenius 2511" at shopping.yahoo.com will give you a good list
of them.

Good luck

Jay.