Flaky connection with latest CVS version

Michael Guntsche mike
Sun Aug 3 11:15:12 PDT 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:40:15 -0700
Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> wrote:

> How often did the connection get disconnected? Do you notice long
> periods of data packets not being sent or just extra re-associations?

Looking through my syslog it seems that those re-associations only happen
while the system is idling (no network traffic at all)
For testing purposes I left the notebook running this afternoon
without doing anything.
I noticed that the master machine started dropping and re-associating the notebook
in a pattern.
5 minutes connection,re-associate, 10 minutes con, re-associate, 5 min, re, 10 min......
Yeah, I know what you think right now Jouni. WTF????????????? ;)

> I would find it surprising; these should be unrelated.. Anyway, could
> you please test the same new version with 32-bit tallies disabled?
> Attached patch should be enough to just change this part and leave
> everything else as is.
I patched my AP and notebook and start idling after sending this mail.

Mike