Tx process

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Aug 3 09:18:48 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 04:58:05PM +0100, Luisa Caeiro wrote:

> In the driver (according my understand):
>     . prism2_transmit function writes the TX command to Command register
>     . prism2_cmd_ev function is called from prism2_interrupt
> after a event command generated by the firmware
>     . prism2_interrupt gives the event stat generated by the firmware (I suppose the TX or TXexc after the transmit command)
>     . according to the event identified calls the correspondig function or schedules the corresponding tasklet (for tx events prism2_tx_ev or prism2_txexc).
> Is this correct? Do I need to activate some parameter to have this behaviour?
> Because, I'm trying to follow this procedure and after a prism2_transmit call I can't see any tx or txexc event.

Yes, that is correct. Although, I forgot to mention one detail about
this.. Host AP driver does not use TX (OK) event with most frames to
save some CPU time. It is only used for management frames. If you want
to receive TX events for all frames, you will need to add
HFA384X_TX_CTRL_TX_OK to tx_control field. Modifying
HFA384X_TX_CTRL_FLAGS in hostap_hw.c is probably the easiest way of
doing this or you can also OR that flag into local->tx_control.